Followers

Saturday, May 12, 2012

She keeps an eye on everyone in her household and keeps them all busy and productive.  Her children respect and bless her, her husband joins in with words of praise. Proverbs 31

May all the mothers who read this have this blessing on them this Mother's Day and always!
As I read this today, I thought...my best teacher and guide was always mom, but my own children do not really like to do the many things I do around the house and for them.  I struggle to guide them into ways of organization and tidiness about their own belongings...and of course my hubby is almost as bad.  However, I always have kisses and hugs and "I Love You, Mom" from them each night and my husband says the same. I only hope one day I will see that some of my household efforts have rubbed off onto them!!!

4 comments:

  1. The house hold cleaning is not as important as them feeling loved and like THEY are the most important thing to you. Never forget that. There is always going to be time for them to do housework when they are older. When they are little, they just need your time and your love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Karen...and they are as much as possible...just don't want to have to dig them out from a pile of stuff to find them and kiss and hug them!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. At least it won't be a pile of laundry, which a certain someone's husband helps with. Or garbage, which he also helps with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And yes, hubby has improved and helps with chores around the house...Everyone had gotten into the "chore grove" on Saturdays, even if begrugingly.

    ReplyDelete