Followers

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Pay Attention!!!

This comes from a different chapter of Proverbs, but it is sooooo important that we understand what is being said here.  Proverbs. 23 verse 26  "Dear Child, I want your full attention, please do what I show you."

Many of us think that we know what we need to do, do it, and it doesn't turn out right.  For instance...Making bread for my youngest to assist her in her dietary needs, I purchased all the ingredients except 1 and chose to use a little extra of another to compensate.  Two things...I was once married to a pastry chef, so I thought I already knew the most important steps to making bread and would just "wing it" with what I thought would work otherwise.  Mind you I did ask said ex for a substitute and he didn't get back with me before I started making this bread as he was working.  I made it...it tasted great...the kids and hubby and I ate and enjoyed it...but it came out like a brick.  I did add the yeast and let it rise, but I didn't COMPLETELY follow the directions so my bread wasn't the best it could/should have been.
God wants our FULL ATTENTION!!  He know's we aren't perfect, but when we follow HIS directions, we are so much better off than we could have been had we not listened.  Our frustrations (many times) can be brought down to whether or not we were listening in the beginning so that the end result would be right/good/best.
The Virtuous Woman of Proverbs 31 chooses to listen, plan and organize and then carry out the directions that God gives her each day.  I know that sounds all high and mighty, but the directions come from the HIGH AND MIGHTY GOD!!  I think I'll be listening more closely from now on...how 'bout you?

No comments:

Post a Comment