Followers

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

I've been comparing a few different versions of this passage and find that in verse 25 of Proverbs 31 the KJV translation really sums up more what I'd like to put forth.  "Strength and Honor are her clothing and she shall rejoice in time to come".  With all that we do, we don't always feel strong or even honorable...we do many if not all the dirty, nasty, mundane jobs around our homes and are really viewed more as a servant most days...and we are...of God and of our family.  I like to think that I'm viewed by my family as Batman views his servant Alfred...Strong, smart, always able to get him out of a jam and yet very subtle about what he does. Still looks great and is never "flustered" by what is coming at him or what is needed to get Batman out of his jams. (seeing as Batman is my husbands favorite superhero,  Thank God I don't have to try to mend the costume, or even find one big enough for him...THAT would be a trick or two I don't think I could ever pull off!!) The Perfect Servant....as we are to strive for with God.  And never a wrinkle or spot on his tux....(haven't mastered this as of yet, but God is always smiling on every effort and my family sure thinks of me as one of the best!!)  Thanks to God for all my family and fellow "Women of Diamonds"  Keep up the great work!!

No comments:

Post a Comment