Followers

Thursday, May 24, 2012


Make it count and do it with kindness.

"When she speaks she has something worthwhile to say, and she always says it kindly." Proverbs 31 v. 26

While I can be a bit of a social gabber, I do try not to gossip or talk just to have something to say.  Jumping into the middle of conversations is sometimes a habit I have and then I get myself into trouble.  I've been working on "keeping my opinions to myself and my mouth shut" until invited into the conversation or I have something worthwhile to speak about.  That's not to say I won't talk to anyone at all, but even with my girls...in terms of giving direction to what they are doing or in discipline...I try to carefully choose my words and not just yell.  It's a bit tricky and I'm still learning different tactics for each child, but I am getting a bit better and each time I rely on God to direct my words and actions, things get better.  Even fools who keep their mouths shut seem wise.  That's somewhere in the early part of proverbs, and right now I can't locate it, but it's there and sound advice at that.  Not only does she speak with kindness and with forethought, but really, with her schedule...she doesn't have time to spread gossip or even listen to it from others.  My goal today...no gossiping, only well thought out conversation and kindness in every word! 


No comments:

Post a Comment