Followers

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

"Her husband trusts her without reserve, and never has reason to regret it."

I am a fortunate woman to have the unfailing trust of my husband.  We have had differences in many ways, but I don't know of a time where he couldn't trust me to make a sound decision on anything.  And that really does go both ways.  I know I can trust him to do his best and take care of a matter at hand in the best way possible.I may argue over the time it takes to make that decision or the road he goes on to do it, but at the end, it's what was best.  That starts with our trust in God and knowing that He will lead us where we are suppose to be.  Several years ago, we had an opportunity to move from where we are to another part of the state because of the promise of better employment.  This meant that for several months, I would be here and he would work up north and come home or we would visit on the weekends.  I gave up my job, got the house all ready (by myself) for any buyers, diligently worked on paying the bills with what was sent home, and packed all that could be packed for moving.  I don't think I went to bed one night without being exhausted for two months straight as I got this all accomplished for prospective buyers.  My husband trusted me to make every financial decision for this and of course I spoke with him on several points, but what a crazy season that was! In addition to this, my eldest daughter was working on moving in with her dad as the schools where we were going weren't set up well for advanced placement classes.  Yes, I have a genius for a child and it amazes me everyday how much more she has lurking up in her brain than I could even begin to comprehend!!  So...in the middle of the worst blizzard in a decade we leave for her dad's having packed her entire room into my suburban and as I navigate the ruts on I-75 north to whiteout city, she sleeps!!  OMGoodness was that ever scary!  Everyone trusted my choices for my kids and only God and I knew how scared and worried I was over all of them at this time.  Turns out that my girl didn't stay with her dad as he and his wife were experiencing a nasty turn in their marriage and two weeks later, I was again packing up my girl and her gear to come home...this time without the added blizzard!  I think that was a big turning point in the level of trust my family afforded me and I'm glad that I earned it, but don't want that trial again...EVER!

God puts that same kind of trust in you and your spouse when you marry. He trusts you with each other and as long as you focus your trust in Him when making decisions for your lives and those of your children, you won't ever regret it!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment