Followers

Sunday, May 27, 2012

The BEST shopper around!!

"She shops around for the best yarns and cottons, and enjoys knitting and sewing".

I grew up in a house FILLED with women.  I lived with five sisters, my mom and my great aunt. And then there was dad....poor guy....or was he?!!  Because we were a large family and had to be careful with our spending, we learned how to catch a great bargain and to do somethings for ourselves (sew and such) if we couldn't buy it or if we wanted something a bit different.  Dad was "crafty", too!  He made all kinds of things for around the house and really wanted the best for "his girls".  I never remember feeling as if we were poor or under priveledged, even though I'm sure at times the budget was stretched out farther than it could really handle. We gardened and canned, shared and hand-me-downed, had grandma cut our hair on occasion, learned how to make our own music and studied hard for the degrees we earned in college.   After dad died, I'm sure mom felt all kinds of pressure to be able to provide for all of us....she took over the business my dad had begun, put all six of us through our bachelor's degrees and bought our first cars for us...and sooooo much more!  She loved to sew and even now with fading eye sight and few things that keep her interest, she helps all of us with little projects.  She taught us all how to be that honoring wife, mother, business woman and faithful worshiper of Christ.  She did these things from love for her God, husband and children and was never formally taught many of these skills.  Many people ask of those who are handling big loads (wether it's a big family, health issues, single parenting..) how?  I used to say, I have to, so I do...now I realize it's because God has blessed me with what I need to make it to the next step, minute, hour, day....and so on.
I have a great friend who is the biggest bargain shopper I have EVER met!  I don't think she paid full price on ANYTHING unless absolutely necessary!  She wisely looks at all the bargains that week, plans her list and travel locations and then...watch out!...she may give you a sometimes gift!!  Those are the BEST!  She was also one of the foster parents in our county that helped foster over 125 kids over the many years she and her husband parented them.  She knew how to create meals from very little, pull a room together for an emergency placement in minutes and still assists a few of these blessings today in their everyday lives!.   Using all your abilities to their best advantage and then finding methods by which to access other skills is her best skill!!  Networking with her on different agencies that can provide you some assistance is tremendous!!  I'll touch more on this skill later in the blog.
Mom used all these principles we see highlighted in these 21 verses...and really wasn't "trying" to be this person...this "super-mom".  But because she trusted in God and had her faith in Him...she was and still is a my SUPER WOMAN.

No comments:

Post a Comment