Followers

Sunday, May 20, 2012

The Martha Stewart of her day
"She's up before dawn, preparing breakfast for her family and organizing her day."

I LOVE being organized...things just flow so much easier that way...but I HATE GETTING organized...at least until recent years when I really didn't have a choice!  With children, everything MUST be more organized or you make yourself nuts!!  I learned a few tricks over the years and they've really paid off when it came to remaining even remotely sane.  First..a daily to do list....never leave the breakfast table without the priorities of the day in writing on something I can carry with me as a reminder...Loads of different ways to do this...better to do the night before and check your monthly calendar for what's going on that you need to work into your day.  Second...my saving grace.....an organized tote bag.  In it I carry my list, my purse, my daughters needs, whatever crochet project I'm working on that can be worked on while waiting wherever, my phone, drink...you get the idea....And last...if your children see that you're using these skills, it's more likely that they will in the future!  My oldest texted me the other day when I asked if she might want to have a movie night that she had to reorganized the house she has been renting as it was really just thrown apart from the owner having moved out!!  YEAH...my example created an organized young lady!  Not only that, but she also has been in complete charge of her college educational communications with financial aide and class scheduling...everything...I'm so blessed that she can and is willing to do these things for herself!!  Organization has one really wonderful blessing in itself....It helps you prioritize your time so that you can fit in your time with God, yourself and your family!  It helps you know that God is with you when you start your day with Him and that you'll be able to get done all you need to...because you put this one little skill into practice. And when storms come up...you know you'll be able to handle it all!!! With God at your side you can't loose!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment