Followers

Friday, May 18, 2012

HARD WORK PAYS OFF!!  
She senses the worth of her work, is in no hurry to call it quits for the day. She's skilled in the crafts of home and hearth, diligent in homemaking. verses18-19 of Proverbs. 

All my growing up years, my mom really exemplified this woman in Proverbs.  She LOVED dad and did an utterly awesome job in caring for her six daughters.The house is always immaculate and even now, as she lives alone, she still takes the best care of herself she can, her home speaks of her loving care and her daughters have nothing but praise and admiration for her. Hard example to follow, but God says I AM PRICELESS and HIS CREATION and one that can live an ABUNDANT LIFE all my life. So, am I there yet?!  NOPE!  But still working hard to really implement all these things into my life and instill these disciplines into my daughters lives.  I think I've succeeded a little.  My eldest a few years back surprised me one morning....On the wall of the upstairs hallway and going down toward the main floor were sticky notes with various little sayings of love and warmth from her to me on them.  WOW!!  that was wonderful to read and I have them tucked into my planner that I carry with me daily just as a little reminder that I did pretty well with her so far.  She's now 24yrs old, but man that really boosts me up each time I read them over again.  You're saying to yourself right now...yeah..when you have a great example to follow...that's not so hard.  What about those who DON'T have that great example, who were never taught all these skills and can't begin to get a grip on what a Woman of Diamonds is?  THATS LOADED..isn't it!  In some of my discussions with my study group this very question came up...and many suggested that in our times, many people have made a living as being organizers, writing books about cooking, child rearing and relationship builing, house cleaning and so many other topics. There really isn't any excuse to say I don't know how anymore. Your local library is a fantastic resource...more importantly, your church body is a wealth of experience and knowledge about many of these topics...It takes dedication.  Like ANY relationship with anyone, there is work involved.  Don't call it quits if you don't know what you want to/ need to know to accomplish something.....be dilligent, be in no hurry to call it quits....Pray, follow and act upon the leading's of God.  Some references for you that I've been using and learning from in regards to typical organizational methods for any home, for nutritional guides (there are sooooo many on the internet) and of course...your bible as a source of inspiration, guidance and reference. Check into your county extention office.  My county is affiliated with Michigan State University and has an Extention Office here that is phenominal!!  Find out what your county has for resources in this area.  Also..the schools, especially the pre-school programs will have connections with such resources to assist in helping the community with nutrition and farming and other efforts of improving the overall lifespan of your community.   
The House that Cleans Itself...by Mindy Starns Clark.  Martha Stewart's Homekeeping Handbook.  and Good Things for Organizing by Martha Stewart.
If you're not certain you want to outright purchase a book, then check it out from your local library first...if you really like it, then check on many online book sellers pages for a used copy that would suit your needs!!!
The only real reason a woman cannot be a Woman of Diamonds is that she doesn't really want to be. It does take work, but anything worthwhile means that there is need for effort and desire to reach the goal that is set before you.    



No comments:

Post a Comment