Followers

Monday, June 11, 2012

SMILE...You're on God Camera...
And HE LOVES to watch over you!!!!

"Her clothes are well-made and elegant, and she always faces tomorrow with a smile."

Most days, I don't think ANYONE would describe me as elegant....even on a Sunday morning.  I am a person who really doesn't go in for all the latest fashions and you will NEVER see me in high heels.  So how will I obtain "elegance"?  Most days I am in a t-shirt and jeans or shorts.  I on and off will have some makeup on...depending on what I'm up to that day or the degree of heat and humidity and the number of hotflashes I've suffered through while getting ready to face the public.  I don't "perspire" I SWEAT" so watching my makeup slide down my face wouldn't be a pretty sight.  I am thankful for clear skin and good clean sing products from Mary Kay.  Also that I tan well, so as to hide some of those not so nice flaws.  I can't grow my hair to fit the latest couiffer, so I keep it short and very simple.  If it weren't for my curves (more generous than I'd like) you'd think I was of the male persuasion!

I do, however choose to open the door for others if I see that we may crash and I choose to teach my children manners (even though it doesn't always show).  I try to remember to thank people for their gifts and generosity or help when being given. I speak my mind...fairly bluntly most days, but I try to be tactful. I truly love to listen to folks as they recount a past event in their family or local history. (I LOVE to do family tree research).  I even try to make sure I do my best in what ever project or task I'm working on because, of course, it's all being done, said or praised up to God!  I gave my all in all I do...or I at least try...and think that this is the elegance God would prefer to have.  Something done in all sincerity and love for Him than a swank new dress and heels with the latest updo and fashion accessories.  Now, I think I might need to figure out that "high tea" ritual!!

Facing each new day with a smile....EASY...HIS mercies and grace are NEW EVERY MORNING!!!!  I'M ALWAYS forgiven and given mercy for the many little slip ups and mistakes I've made along the course of each day.  And my husband...he does so much worrying that I don't have to think about it most days.  I've had a peace about many situations because I know God has us covered.  May not be exactly what I was thinking of as a solution, but He's never let me or my family down, so..why start worrying now?!!  I don't deserve many of the things, relationships or grace and mercy I have received...none of us do, but we have it...everyday...new EACH AND EVERY morning...so there is NO EXCUSE not to smile at each new day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment