Followers

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

It's a great day for a Parade!!

What exactly do I DESERVE?
"Give her everything she deserves!!  Festoon her life with praises!"

Well, for starters...probably a good kick in the butt for each time I "break out" of the Proverbs 31 mold.  I'm not always pleasant and kind....I don't always keep my cool when my kids misbehave...especially in the mornings when I"m not fully awake before having my 1st cup of coffee.  So I deserve.....not grace or mercy, but that's what I'm given by our loving Father each and every day!!!  Again...I think in this verse God is talking in his "church as his bride" attitude.  I believe that we as his church, his bride, are given all we deserve and much we don't because God really does LOVE US and wants to truly lavish us with our hearts desires!  And as believers our hearts desire is to please our Father in Heaven!  To follow the plans He has for us and to spread His Word among the nations so that ALL may be included in the family of Christ!!

When I think of "Festooning" someone I am reminded of parades for dignitaries.  Where the confetti just blurs the picture of the one being honored and adored.  God wants us to honor and festoon Him with our praises and to treat each other with the grace and mercy He bestows on us each day!  WOW!  I don't think I would want to follow that parade and clean up the mountains of confetti and streamers that would create!!  But in Heaven, there won't be a mess..I'm convinced I won't need my expert cleaning skills there...THANK YOU!  Make a parade for each of your family members today....Festoon them with praises and give them all they deserve!  Life is going to be such a fun party when we all start in on that stage of Worship and Praise to our Father in Heaven!!

No comments:

Post a Comment