Followers

Wednesday, June 13, 2012


Challenging words...let me know what you find out about your neighbor!
There is always someone worse off than you

" She's quick to assist anyone in need, reaches out to help the poor."

How many times have you had phone calls asking for money for any number of causes and you just hung up?..I admit...I do it all too often and I know that the person on the other line is just "doing their job".  I try harder now to be nice when I say..."I'm sorry ,we just can't swing an extra dollar your way this time."  But money isn't the only way we can help out the needy.  Thank God, cause otherwise no one would be getting much assistance from me!  When faced with helping others, sometimes you have to do some harsh reality discussions before progress is made.  Other times, it's simple a cup of coffee and a tearful unloading to listen to in order to help someone onto the best path. Most times, it's a way out of my feeling sorry for myself!!  I can always make an afghan as a present for someone, or cook a meal, watch their kids or help in researching something on the net.  Maybe assist in making out a resume for job hunting.  And being "money poor" isn't the only definition of poor.  There are those who are poor in spirit and poor in health that can need your assistance..and sometimes we are rewarded by this in soooo many other ways than money!!  These are the events that also help to shape your children's sense of gratitude, charity and "love thy neighbor". Children learn much more from our examples than they do from anything we say.....not to say we should be mute when teaching our kids right from wrong...but they are far more perceptive to our actions and that they match what we speak than we give them credit for.  Your challenge today is to find some way to help another through a difficulty or provide the answer to a need...and see just how far your spirits get lifted!!

No comments:

Post a Comment