Followers

Friday, June 22, 2012

GOD-Identity.
Who are YOU in Christ?
Sorry it's been a while since I last posted...many great things have been happening and opening up, so I am now back to share a little of what is going on.  

I've started a new trail in this journey and it's enhancing what I've begun in Proverbs and filled in a few gaps as I walk in the Beatitudes from Matthew 5 and read on till chapter 7.  Here's a bit of what I've been discovering...

Today's reading took me into Chapters 5and 6 where (in The Massage)God tells me to "Grow up and live in the God-created identity He gave me!  He wants me to live in God-reality, with God-initiative and under His God-provision.  WOW!!!  I KNOW that the woman of Proverbs knew this!  She HAD to in order to really be all that's described of her. And these verses were written far after her time on earth.  Her time (because Proverbs is in the Old Testament) was before Christ was a reality in the world and only a hope of the Jewish people.  I am also reminded that this passage in Proverbs isn't just about women alone, but the whole of his believers.  That these traits are for all of us as His bride.  So what is YOUR God-identity?  Sit and meditate a bit on listening to God and hearing from Him about who He wants you to be and what His reality is for you, what provisions He has waiting for you to accept. What are the tasks He  has for you and are you ready to dive into and initiate your God -reality?  In all of this...it's about giving to Him for who HE is, not just taking care of your earthly family, but praising God as you do the tasks He has given to you.  It's also about lifting up the Kingdom of God for non-believers to see and turn to when they are in need and searching for their God-identity.  Here are the verses that I've based this input upon...
(from The Message)
"In a word, what I'm saying is Grow Up.  You're kingdom subjects, Now, live like it.  Live out your God-created identity.  Live generously and graciously toward others, the way God lives toward you."
Matthew Ch. 5 verse 48


"What I'm trying to do here is to get you to relax, to not be so preoccupied with getting, so you can respond to God's giving.  People who don't know Gd and the way he works fuss over these things, but you know both God and how he works.  Steep your life in God-reality, God-initiative, God-provcisions.  Don't worry about missing out.  You'll find all your everyday, human concerns will be met."
chapter 6 verse 30-33




No comments:

Post a Comment