Followers

Friday, June 1, 2012


A challenge to you...find something you love to do...and give it away!

"Give her the fruits of her hands, and let her own works praise her in the gates"  verse 31 from KJV

Many times I have worked hard at something that I enjoyed doing and then got such thanks for the gift.  I LOVE to crochet gifts for others...blankets, sweaters, many other things...I just enjoy the craft so much and really love to give them to those I know will truly appreciate them.  I just gives me such a thrill!  Many people have made comments on how they like the gifts they've received or just on the workmanship.  I really feel great about how well I do these projects, but more than that...I've built a solid reputation for good craftsmanship as well...and have been specifically asked to make things for someone...which of course I do.

Recently I saw a story on the television of a little boy who kept trading things he wanted for the next bigger, better thing until he was able to get an all expenses paid Disney World Vacation!  He then gave this vacation to a family who had lost a loved one in the line of duty in the war!  What a kid!  Then when ABC did a story on this kid, they rewarded him with his own vacation package...which he gave away to another deserving family!!!!....When asked why he did this...he said he just wanted to make someone else happy and this is what he thought a family who was grieving would enjoy and make them happy.  WOW!!  and he was only 9yrs old!

Neither of these two little stories are were of great cost to those involved....they used creativity and thought out of the box to bring the love of Christ to another in some small way...and it was returned many times over!

My husband tells me that I at times go about accomplishing things in the most labor intensive way.  He likes to do things really efficiently and as quickly as possible.  There are some things that you really cannot do in any manner other than slow and steady.  In the end, your product is the best it can be and you'll be so satisfied and proud of the outcome that no one can say enough about the results of your work!!  To me...that's the highest praise anyone could give.  I know God is behind each of my skills and talents.  When I get the kudos for anything, it's because I did the work with the knowledge that God is in each and every inch of it!





No comments:

Post a Comment